Sunday, August 21, 2011

"BEAM ME UP SCOTTIE THERE'S NO INTELLIGENT LIFE DOWN HERE"






"she threw a suicide-themed Sweet 16 party at the House of Blues on Sunset Strip"

My friend Brooke posted some link on my FACEBOOK page (i wont get started)...of 'hedi slimane's diary'..i'm all 'what's this?':  a bunch of cool pristine super clear beautiful black and white portraits of a dark-haired gothic beauty covered in harsh tattoos and tattered superhero tshirts  and black lace and roman catholic ephemera and smoking in every shot' etc. all i could think was: HARSH YOUTH..like this person has lived. Took me a little bit to find out who it was: FRANCES COBAIN. I'm shocked. When did she stop eating? She's skin and bones and skin chain smoking against a chain link fence. dirty hands. bitten nails. and. again.
I was looking at some of (multi-millionaire) Frances' ART not long ago. It's pretty disturbed. I know that stuff comes with age. I look back at my Early Work and i want to burn it. all.
I hope she's okay.
Sample tattoo script reading: "Well, it's my time coming and I'm not afraid to die"

'Art is the solution to chaos'

Images are all HERE

PS black and white is where it is at. for me. for me. i'm also mildly obsessed w/ THE CROW right now. I posted that on The Facebook just to throw a few people off my trail. It was confessional sh*t. It's important to look at the dark side of things. they're doing a re-make of 'crow' apparently..with Mark Wahlberg! (at least it's not bradley cooper (was on the list)).  anyways. I was doing some research for a project and FORGOT that brandon lee was killed on the set of THE CROW. That is so heavy, so sad. Watching it is like watching a funeral procession. I saw it originally in the theatre and wasnt too impressed..thought it was kind of lame at the time. It's dark and dark. The 90s were very violent. So many people had their own small war going on inside of them.

No comments:

basement studio with monster hiding in the corner

basement studio with monster hiding in the corner

Ahlers

going on about Random Avenue, friends, art (maybe), rock (sometimes), movies, current events, childhood memories & other things like bunnies