Thursday, April 15, 2010

"People don't think we can have any serious emotions. Nobody gives a damn. But that's all right, I've got friends."





Look! It's THE CRAFT! *
I sometimes think about my grade 6 teacher yelling at me for spelling 'etc.' wrong. I kept spelling it: ECT.
He couldn't understand how i could make such a mistake b/c i was OBSESSED with E.T. (the extra terrestrial). ETC. etc. e.t.c.
associate!
Also strange because i was an egg-cellent speller.
go figger.

my twitter joke of the week is:

in a previous life, i invented Latin.

He was a great teacher! He wasn't really yelling..it was more of that sort of passionate...shouting. you know when teachers get all into it.

* or as i liked to joke in the 90s...'the kraft dinner'. That movie The Craft is kinda bad (not scary)..unless you're, like, 11 years old..or 9 years old...but Richard Scarry is great any time.

1 comment:

Maya Tara Credico said...

I like this little golden book illustration. I also have this one inside that book, somewhere in a suitcase, somewhere in our house.

basement studio with monster hiding in the corner

basement studio with monster hiding in the corner

Ahlers

going on about Random Avenue, friends, art (maybe), rock (sometimes), movies, current events, childhood memories & other things like bunnies