Sunday, September 25, 2011

Now I Am Forty

 "Light from a cake is such a great light. Maybe we should just live in cake light", says Claire from Six Feet Under. She might have been stoned when she said that. But she is right. It is the best light.

This was fun. The painting in the background is still pencilled outline from Alice Munro's 'Lives Of Girls And Women'..but i blacked out those four letters. Everyone is making a big deal out of forty..it feels as epic and as on par as losing one's virginity...Forty feels better than 20 and 30. I've always known it would be this way. I've always known it would be better some day. And it is.
My friend Wendy threw a sweet and very special and very small little birthday party for me at the shack. She got me a  cake, bunny ears and sushi. It was perfect. I only like small parties from now one. Thank you Wendy!

1 comment:

Coco Cake Land said...

Happy belated birthday Sonja! You're amazing and you inspire me to wear my heart on my sleeve more and to follow my interests and dreams. xoxo

basement studio with monster hiding in the corner

basement studio with monster hiding in the corner

Ahlers

going on about Random Avenue, friends, art (maybe), rock (sometimes), movies, current events, childhood memories & other things like bunnies