Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Tattoo Yoo


my mom had that record when i was growing up.
my parents had excellent records and an incredible hi-fi system.

cubby and i would have airbands in the livingroom way before solid gold
cubby liked 'start me up'..i always thought Mick was singing, 'Stormeo'

when darce and i were in the 'horse last year, we went to AQUAFIT and 'start me up' was the first song. obvs. we were the youngest ones there.

back to airbandin':
when cubby and i discovered AC/DC, cubby would use a massive piece of driftwood as a bass for 'girls' got rhythm'.

there are a few folks roaming with tattoooooos of drawings i have done*
the above is the latest.

if you know of any, tell them to send a pick-chur to me!

I myself have no tattoots. My pain threshold for physical pain is very low. I can handle pain but i prefer not to, if you get my drift.

my driftwood. my driftwood bass.

IF and IF i had a tattoo it would probably be a pinprick or a grain of salt or sand cos i'd yell, 'ok stop! stop! Enough!!!'

and that'd be all the tattoo artist wrote.

a grain of salt.

smoochie wooch!
xosonja.

PS i just got back from a nice birthday party hosted by COE AND WAITO my favourite ceramicists in the city. they make beautiful porcelain work. i am fortunate enough to work in their proximity.

more on them to come!

*PS Brooke my main Lady Illustrator Reigns Supreme (recent genius watercolour of the Olsen Twins like siamese twins) tricked me into a tattoo in 2008. She sent an email:

'can you please write out the words: 'and the sky was made of amethyst', scan them and email them to me when you have a chance?

and i had time in the yukon so i did it on the spot...even though it's a courtney love lyric..but really a HOLE lyric from a song i used to love but i DO still listen to it cos that was then when she was good. The song is 'Violet'. Brooke knows how i feel about C. Love. It's huge debate.

so she goes ahead and gets it TATTOOED on her inside forearm. She thought if she told me in advance, I'd be all: NO WAY.

but. it's good. 'i get what i want/and i never want it again/i get/what i want/and i never want it again/go on/take everything/take everything/i dare you...etc'

it's a great song.

3 comments:

*mary* said...

I still love that song.

This is sort of strange. THIS morning I was looking through your book and thought, "Man, that would be a great tattoo!"

My daughter's name is Violet. Hahaha. Was it a subconscious Hole reference in naming her that? I'll have to be hypnotized to know for sure.

jerri said...

i have one of your illustrations tattooed on my arm..want to see? i couldn't find an email address for you..

jerri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

basement studio with monster hiding in the corner

basement studio with monster hiding in the corner

Ahlers

going on about Random Avenue, friends, art (maybe), rock (sometimes), movies, current events, childhood memories & other things like bunnies