Monday, February 2, 2009

50 Years Later


i'm coming back. i promise.

soon.

ok J? ok???

PS i kind of hate sock monkeys but not. my mom has this incredible collection of them..but the ANTIQUE ONES..like Depression-era. they are so, so special. so i love the sock monekys too cos she loves them. i'm more a rabbit teddy bear dollie girl.

BUT

I love this picture of this lil dog. stoled from internet while browing for monkey pictures to do a drawing for my mom's birthday card. phew. glad that worked out. she liked the drawering.

i haven't had Drawing Patience for awhile now. you have to CLEAR the space for drawing and i have no surfaces right now. every surface is full. plus i am slow and so much time goes by between drawing sessions, i have to RE-TEACH myself how to draw every time i sit down. then there is all this anxiety around that like: I suck. I can't draw.

BUT then i remember. drawing as a kid was part of my survival. plus a way to Make Friends. i drew with both hands as a 3 year old.I drew at school. I discovered I could draw crowds from my live drawing. I drew Peanuts characters by rote and the kids made a hushed circle around me while i drew and drew. a boy with beautiful white yellow dutch hair said, 'charles schulz would be jealous'.

Back to the drawing board.

i have to go sew some bunnies now.
ciao!

xo

i'll put up the ridiculous mexico trip pictures shortly!

1 comment:

Oliver said...

ah. -sigh- thank you.

basement studio with monster hiding in the corner

basement studio with monster hiding in the corner

Ahlers

going on about Random Avenue, friends, art (maybe), rock (sometimes), movies, current events, childhood memories & other things like bunnies