Saturday, August 8, 2009

carrie snodgress


she was in "Blue Sky". Neil Young 'fell in love with the actress'. He wrote about and married her. Man Needs A Maid.
she has aged in a strange bitter way. at least, this is how i read her face. As a young lady, she was very cool.
I want to read his biography SHAKY (his nickname). I saw a copy at this good used bookstore here in Toronto (TO is full of those. People here love to read. Same as Portland). But the book is HUGE & HEAVY. I am not sure I can take this burden on right now - as much as i love Neil Young. Especially a young Neil Young. My brother tortured me as a teen by blasting NY 24-7. B/c of this: I hated NY. That music does not appeal much to a teenage girl from the 80s. These days I cannot live without it. Cubby was convinced I stole one of the discs from his 'essential collection'. As if. Eventually he found the disc years later doubled up in a Sugarcubes jewel box/cd case.

as for the myers-briggs...i dont know. it's kind of a strange corporate/army vibe. it's v. black and white. i'm more of a 'maybe' than a 'yes' or a 'no'.
I heard on CBC that courtney love posted 60 entries on her blog one day. now she just tweets it. sometimes every 10 seconds. & then nothing for days, weeks.

2 comments:

Robert Dayton, Junior said...

Shakey is great! If you hate Crosby stills and Nash as much as I: read this book! He's a great writer and a Neil Young fan yet calls Neil young on his bullshit! One of the best rock bios!

girlyhandwriting said...

I have been reading 'shaky' for a long, long time.

basement studio with monster hiding in the corner

basement studio with monster hiding in the corner

Ahlers

going on about Random Avenue, friends, art (maybe), rock (sometimes), movies, current events, childhood memories & other things like bunnies