Monday, August 31, 2009

some dope sh*t



oh man. i found the best thing i've seen on etsy in a long time! Crocheted baby birkenstocks!

Heather's Treasure Box.


Ya Heather! I just sent her a 'convo': You're a genius!

She also has little knitted cowboy boots, hiking boots, brown WORK BOOTS, bowling shoes, converse of course..but better yet! LILAC converse (just like in Marie Antoinette - there is that momentary flash under all the frippery & finery. An Anachronism. Dunst wore them the whole shoot underneath all of those beautiful cake gowns)

a friend of a friend - laura jane's friend - Emily - is sailing around the world! 24 years old. She has a fantastical project and fantastical voyage planned. Read it all about it! Godspeed to her! I pledged and i will get a present in the mail. She was a genius about the fundraising. For every $1, $5, $10, $15 - $5,000 she offered a generous thank you - sending out polaroids from her voyage, whistles, sailor hats, origami sailboats and so forth upping the ante.

Let's Sail Around The World!

(interesting to note: she is 24. To circumnavigate the world: $24,000 miles. She would like to do this in 24 months)

My birthday is coming up: September 24, 2009. Notes to Selves. Post-it Notes To Selves.
I will not cry on my birthday this year. I promise myself.
(still finishing my book: The Selves)

NUMBERS!

And lastly, my beautiful friend Amanda recommended a book:

A book I read this summer that you may like is: The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2008/sep/14/fiction3?gusrc=rss&feed=books

There is an analyst in Paris who prescribes the book to her patients instead of anti-depressants!

nice!

PS MJ was signed on to do 50 shows and he died at 50.
i will suggest something very dumb right now. I will suggest Twilight Zone theme song kick in.

2 comments:

quartzneptune said...

That book sounds great-I just read a review - it has an anti-classist message!

In-tree-gue said...

those are too cute

basement studio with monster hiding in the corner

basement studio with monster hiding in the corner

Ahlers

going on about Random Avenue, friends, art (maybe), rock (sometimes), movies, current events, childhood memories & other things like bunnies