Friday, August 7, 2009

Low Blow



okay. WHY am i watching Silence of the Lambs?
I did a 'drawing' (60 seconds 'stoner' version) based on SIGNAGE from the opening sequence of 'Silence'. Clarice/jody foster is on that krazykadet/army workout thing/ropes/tires/circle of sweat top/jungle gym...there is a tall tree crucified with four skid signs:

HURT

PAIN

AGONY


LOVE-IT!

hahah. i laughed. I laughed & re-wound.
& ya. i'm loving it. I'm loving it and rewinding backpedal and immortalizing that in ART.

The cereal killer - Buffalo Bill - is interesting fictional character. He has a BICHON FRISE!!!
Of course it is a creepy/disturbing movie. Blech. I'm watching it objectively, please and thank you. Sociological. 1991.

ogod. my favourite song of the summer just came on...Buckingham/Nicks: Long Distance Winner. I want to die every time i hear it.

(an awesomely deranged 'video' to accompany it. he did admit: 'I went overboard on the sunflowers')

Photo: My old penpal pal JEFF JANK sent me a heart-shaped record a couple feverfew weeks back. Opening up the fold-out cardboard encasement was like uncovering a precious gem. He's the art director for Stones Throw records.

ALSO!!! i highly suggest a MYERS-BRIGGS Personality Assessment. Based in Jungian theory, a mother-daughter team began creating the indicator during World War II, believing that a knowledge of personality preferences would help women who were entering the industrial workforce for the first time identify the sort of war-time jobs where they would be "most comfortable and effective".[

It's a really good thing to do. Especially if you are having a personality crises or considering a change in career!

This Human Metrics one seems okay. It is easy and accessible. (although some of the questions are worded in a 'double negative' kind of way). I suggest taking the test when you are bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for best results. I have the same type as John Lennon, Princess Diana and the lady who wrote the harry potter books. I am going to take it again and see what happens this time.

1 comment:

NAA said...

i'm an ENTJ. i know this from a while ago.

basement studio with monster hiding in the corner

basement studio with monster hiding in the corner

Ahlers

going on about Random Avenue, friends, art (maybe), rock (sometimes), movies, current events, childhood memories & other things like bunnies